The single biggest reason that projects fail to deliver optimal value is lack of value prioritization. There is simply not enough focus on why things are done.
American research have shown that between 50 and 70% of effort in product development is wasted because, what is built, is not used, the top three reasons are:
- Something else was built than the customer thought he ordered.
- No real user asked for what was built.
- The world has changed since specifications were written and no one noticed.
By enabling true visibility and collaboration, it is possible to get a lot closer to building the right thing.
Working the Agile and Lean way creates much higher stakeholder satisfaction. 74% report
higher satisfaction*). The top four reasons are:
- Improved ability to handle change (92%)
- Improved visibility in the project (83%)
- Improved alignment between team members working and stakeholders (66%)
- Reduced risk (66%)
* Mike Cohn, “Succeeding with Agile”